Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some ME Time

I Believe in Me
8x8

Something to show for all my hard work. Too often I'm working on layouts to fill orders, or making them for etsy and ebay. That just doesnt leave me much time to work on my own books. So today, I made time (just as soon as I finished that layout for etsy, lol).

Normally when I make a layout, I have some idea in my head of how I want the finished product to turn out. Somewhere in the process it usually takes on a mind of its own. This layout is no exception. I was planning embellishing it with a prima flower and then doodling around it, as is my typical style. After hunting down the perfect colored prima and laying it out, I decided I could come up with something better... So I cut out some clouds from my "Happy Place" paper by Sassafras Lass (my favorite scrapbook company). I layer them, and added the Queen & Co. felt fusion flowers and finished it off with the cute girl rub on. I still had every intent of adding a couple wispy doodles at the top of the cloud, but the heart rub ons prevailed.

Oh and I was selfish too!!! Something I rarely do when it comes to my own books. I like to save my best supplies for what I'm selling. But not this time! Remember the little girl rub on I mentioned? Well, I only had one and I'd say she looks pretty at home on my page.

Who knows how long it will be before I get the chance to make another page for myself. I really should get into the habit, again, of making at least a page or 2 for myself a week. Either way though, I'm happy to just be creating something. I know someone, somewhere is enjoying it!

Oh on another note, my 8x8 layout count on etsy is getting kinda low. So I'll be adding a version of this layout to my shop, just as soon as I have a chance to create one.

No comments:

Post a Comment