Wednesday, January 28, 2009

UGH! Winter Weather

It started 4pm Monday afternoon. Freezing rain started falling from the sky and continued for the next day and a 1/2 before it switched over to snow. I thought for sure moving to Missouri would take care of everything I hate about winter... the snow. Well this is only my first winter here and already I'm wishing SNOW was the worst of it. As I'm learning, snow is rare here, and when it does, it's just a dusting. Instead, we get ICE!

So a day and a half of tiny tiny hail has left a nice little layer of ice on the ground. What's worse, we DID get snow. About 3 inches of it. Monday night, the school district canceled school for Tuesday, which is understandable (not that this would have ever happened in Maine, they'd wait for morning there before canceling). Tuesday evening, at which point it was still icing/snowing, the school for Wednesday. Wednesday morning comes around and it's lightly snowing. Work (the ARMY!!!) calls to tell my husband not to come to work today. Now he's been in the military for 9 years now and this is the FIRST work has been canceled due to weather, and we've lived in a few places, such as UPSTATE NY!!!! They never cancled work there... So that's ok. He has another day off (he had most of Tuesday off as well, though he did go in for a short time). But here's the thing. The majority of the day, snow and winter weather free. In fact the sun was shinning, and the birds were singing (ok I'm making that part up). But it was a beautiful day. I went outside to play with my son in the snow. Now he loves it.

Now tonight, just after supper the school, once again, cancels school for tomorrow... why? It's not doing anything, it's not supposed to do anything. We have 3 inches of snow on top of about an inch of crunchy ice... My point, you'd never see this in Maine.

So, as you can bet, I havent done too much scrapbooking and tomorrow isnt looking good either! However I was able to list a couple things on etsy and ebay today. Check out my newest layout on etsy.
I call it sweetie. A little different from my standard 12x12s, being this one is circular. Gives my already unique pages and extra touch of creative-ness... is that a word?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20339158

So, I'm hoping your weather is better than ours, and I'm wishing and praying for the return of school on Friday. Yep, you can say I'm ready for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment